Merry Christmas Jacksonville Fresh family!
I hope you guys are having a wonderful holiday and are ready to put this year behind for a fresh start, I know I am!
This week’s box had some fun vegetables and fruits, with the holiday season we all tend to binge, so today I have a warm salad for you that is perfect for your Christmas feast. It’s satiating, comforting, and healthy!
Baked pears with goat cheese, balsamic glaze & walnut salad. A healthy side dish full of flavor from the juicy pears, topped with tangy goat cheese, honey, walnuts, spiced with thyme and cinnamon. A super quick recipe takes only 5 mins to prep.
- PREP TIME: 5 mins
- COOK TIME: 25 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
From Fresh Box
- Hydroponic Salad mix
- 1 Mandarin Orange
- 2 Pears cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Semi-soft Goat cheese- sliced
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- dry thyme powder
- cinnamon powder
- black pepper powder
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Slice Pears into 1/4 inch slices, remove the seeds.
- Brush melted butter on both sides of the pear slices and place them on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle dry thyme and cinnamon powder.
- Bake the pears for 25 mins until soft and caramelized.
- In the meantime slice goat cheese.
- Wash and dry the hydroponic salad mix, dice the mandarin orange.
- Once the pears are bakes, place the sliced goat cheese in the center, sprinkle chopped walnuts, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Bake again for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and holds the walnuts firmly to the pear slices.
- Plate the salad starting with the hydroponic salad leaves, followed by orange, add the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle honey, season with black pepper powder and shredded goat cheese, and some balsamic vinegar.
- Finally, place the baked pears on the salad and garnish with more toasted walnuts.